Grilled Stone Fruit Salad with Lamb Backstrap and Cutlets
There are few things better than grilled lamb cutlets, except when paired with a grilled stone fruit salad. When in season, particularly here in Australia, our peaches and apricots are some of the best in the world. They’d be amazing in a salad on their own, but when put on high heat, their sugars caramelise and lift the flavour even more.
This is an amazing salad served with great Australian lamb, and perfect for Australia Day.
THIS RECIPE WAS CREATED AS PART OF A PARTNERSHIP WITH BEEFEATER BBQ, cooked on the BeefEater Bigg Bugg.
GRILLED LAMB CUTLETS & STONE FRUIT SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 8 lamb cutlets
- Lamb rub, such as Moonshine BBQ Lamb Rub
- 1 lamb backstrap
- 3 x white or yellow peaches
- 3 x apricots
- 2 cups baby spinach, mixed leaf or rocket
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 100g soft goats cheese
- Prepare your grill to high heat
- Halve the fruit and remove the stone. Do this by running a sharp knife around the centre and twisting, then gently cutting around the stone to remove it
- Drizzle and brush the cut side of the fruit with olive oil
- Place on the grill cut side down and cook for 4 minutes. If you want to go for grill marks on the fruit (purely presentation), then turn 90 degrees for a further minute
- Remove and set aside to cool
- Season the cutlets and backstrap with the rub and grill for 3 minutes each side. Rest
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt & pepper together and toss through the leaves, add the stonefruit and toss together. Crumble goats cheese.
- Slice backstrap and serve with wedges of lemon.